Let's Talk!

Cotton candy-like clouds~

Firstly, don't forget to check my previous blog which was posted on another site. 


This is gonna be a super short blog. Do let me know if you like such short blogs or the usual long ones~

Let's begin!

Well, to begin with, I won't say that I took a 360⁰ turn and changed myself fully but I can surely say that the person I was 2 years ago and the person I've become now have big differences. 

People who know me personally and who have been reading my blogs lately must have an idea that I'm a very reserved person. Yes, I'm talkative but at the same time, it takes me days and months to open up to someone.

I had two group ppts this week and even though I had revised my part very well, I was so damn anxious until it was my turn to speak. There's this Indian movie named, '3 Idiots' in which the characters keep repeating, "All Is Well" to calm themselves down. I always thought of it as a joke until I started doing the same whenever panic hit me. 

Fun fact: IT ACTUALLY WORKS!

It is really difficult for me to face the crowd and speak. I try to avoid as much social interaction as I can but then I'm reminded by myself that I am a media student, hence I cannot miss such opportunities for public speaking. Changes have to be made. I have the choice to work on a group project and then not present the ppt as a speaker but then there's no point in taking media as a subject and not putting yourself in front of a crowd. What I did for this ppt was that I volunteered to take the introduction part. There are two reasons why I did that, one, the topic was of my interest and I could just go on and on talking about it, and two, I wanted to build up my confidence. 

Lockdown actually helped me a lot in coming to terms with myself. I know I didn't do much during the lockdown period, it was the usual cycle of 'eat-sleep-repeat' but apart from that, I did understand who I actually am. Now I am just implementing all of that. What I have come to realize is that one can take time to discover themselves, there's no hurry. Some may understand all of it sooner than others but there's nothing wrong if it takes one years to find themselves. 

I don't want to change myself completely, it's just that I want to improve myself a little. I still have a long way to go when it comes to interacting with people because I have poor networking skills. 
Have y'all met people who have a shell that's super difficult to crack? 
Yes, that's how I am. It took me some time to open up with the people I am friends with too. 

Okay fine I am not running any 'self-love' campaign here and I do not possess the exact knowledge to talk about all such things. I am not trying to preach anything. I know I am just a 19-year-old kid but I just felt like sharing a little piece of my life with my readers. I also have come a long way with my blog page. Tenth grader Shriya could have never imagined that her blogs will be read by so many people across the globe someday. Not that many care about but I know that I've been writing and posting a lot lesser than how I used to. People used to appreciate me for my opinionated articles and now that I have shifted to the self-growth genre of blog writing, I think my content quality has started going downhill. To be very honest with all of you, I have stopped the aggressive promotion of my blogs. Hence, my viewership has decreased from a three-digit figure to a two-digit figure but there's a difference in my mindset while writing now. Once I started doing well, all I cared about was the numbers and that's the reason why I used to promote my blogs anywhere and everywhere. Now, I care about the comments and the criticism I receive, doesn't matter even if it is a negative one. I'll work on it and try to improve my write-ups. I'd be lying if I say that numbers absolutely don't matter. If a blog doesn't do well with numbers, it does upset me but instead of promoting it more for views, I try to work hard on putting out good content for my readers. I don't want to put out mediocre-level content and then sulk hard over not having reached certain numbers. Thus, I hope all my readers are happy with the content I upload and if you're not happy with it, y'all can reach out to me. There is a contact form attached to all my blogs on the left side of this page. Just write in whatever message or suggestion you have and send it to me. We can have a chat maybe. πŸ˜‰

All of my college updates aside, I have also started posting my pictures on Instagram now. Never in my life had I thought I'd be posting my photos on Instagram. Not only photos, but I've also started writing microblogs in the caption, sharing bits and pieces of this journey with my friends and the people who've known me for quite a long time now. To be honest, I started micro-blogging because I could not come up with ideas for my blog posts. So basically I was in a writing slump. Besides, I also wish to write opinionated blogs like I used to but I think for now I'll continue writing such self-help or glow-up kinds of blogs. So let me know if you want me to continue writing such blogs or want my old blogs back.

Now finally coming on to what I've been doing~
I've accumulated so many books over the past few weeks. Some were bought by me and some were gifted. I have over 10 books in my TBR now and me being a slow reader, I'll complete reading all of them by 2023. And yes, I finally started photo journaling. What I do is, I stick pictures of myself with people who at some point have been a part of my life or are a part in the present time and I write a few lines describing them or that picture. Y'all can maintain a photo journal too, it's fun!

Current Read: Radio Silence by Alice Oseman.

Current Jam: Ala Barfi by Pritam and Mohit Chauhan.

Current TV Show: The Day Of Becoming You.

Comments

  1. How is this even possible?!?! I relate to every single that you write
    As i always say never ever stop writing
    On a side note I love your long blogs ❤️πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shriya, your blogs are so touching. Whenever I read the lines of yr blog,somewhere I visualise n get the feel.Just keep up the good work girl. πŸ‘§ πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite Relatable ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh impressive as always cutie πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts