Experience Of A Lifetime

 Hey! I hope y'all are doing great~

Today I'd like to share an experience of mine with all of you. So I'm in the BAMMC department of my college and our dept has an annual fest and I can't reveal it's name for obvious reasons. So few months back I got to know that freshers can volunteer in the fest in various departments and I also got to know that there's a Public Relations (PR) dept too and since I've heard a lot about celebrities having a PR team, I wanted to know what PR is and how it works so I joined it out of curiosity. 

Well, the beginning was smooth af when we had online meets but things got real hard when we started going to college. So online PR was basically calling up our friends and acquaintances and asking them to take part in our fest but offline PR was roaming in the campus and college for asking students to take part in the fest. Later, doing street PR was another challenge. In street PR, we had to go outside the college and ask random high school and college students to take part in our fest. We had to tolerate their rude behaviour and have patience even if they ignored us or walked by when we were talking.

I had started a book in December and I still haven't been able to finish it because I had no effing time since I joined PR, especially after offline PR. (I'm almost done with it now. Only 9 chaps left.)

                                  🥁🥁🥁

Now let's get into the good part~

I'm fortunate enough to have had such a good experience. Okay, I know that whatever I wrote above really seemed like it was super hectic and yes, IT WAS but on the other hand, if I hadn't done this work, I'd have never got to know what PR is! 

There were times when I felt like quitting PR and the fest too but then what kept me going was the support of my heads. I've watched seniors bullying their juniors in TV shows and movies and I had a preconceived opinion that seniors are actually like that but then there were my seniors. Super cool and supportive people. People I'll always look upto.

I got to learn a hell lot from this experience. Being in PR taught me patience and how to work keeping your ego aside. Apart from PR, I was super excited to be a part of 'behind the scenes' of a fest and see what all it takes to put up a fest with good team work. Not many people get such opportunities of working and learning like I did so I just wanna say that if you're getting a chance like this, to work in the college, for the college, just go ahead and do it! Do not miss it!

I've missed so many lectures and now I'll have to cope up with my studies madly.

I know this was a super short blog and I'm not blogging regularly but it's because I don't really have things to talk about. So I'm thinking of writing about my experiences from now onwards. My blogs in future might not be like the previous ones, they may be more like my journey in this field. I hope y'all enjoy my future content just like the old ones.


Song suggestion: My Love by Baekhyun

Comments

  1. Amazing...so proud of u!!❤️...Keep goinggg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing shriya , seriously felt like I've been with you throughout your pr and fest journey. You are so hardworking 🤍

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so proud of how you carried this journey like a champ🫂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes dear ,we will be glad to know more abt yr journey in yr life.Do share yr life instances.will wait fr it!!!!
    Best wishes❣️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great one Shri! 🤩 As mostly I was there, I could see each and every word... Go on!! 💗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts