That One Friend.

All of us have had a friend who gave us the best days of our life but aren't together anymore. That one friend with whom we promised to go on a world tour, the one who introduced you to the term 'Besties Forever' and the one who gave you a life lesson, about friendship. 

"I know it's been long time since we met or maybe years too. I miss our last hug. Each moment spent with you is super special for me. I remember how we used to fight over little things. Sharing food with each other, making fun of each other, getting jealous when we spent time with others and sharing those cute yet funny inside jokes.

But you had promised to never leave me. I still remember the day when you said you'll be changing school after summer vacation. I was shattered but still I had the widest smile for your farewell. Your new school was just five minutes away from my house and I thought you'd often visit me but unfortunately that never happened. I remember expecting you to show up on my door step someday but I had forgotten that you'd already gotten new friends in fact a new best friend too. I had no answers when kids at school asked me about you or our friendship. Sometimes I would even lie to them saying we talk on a daily basis thinking you'd really reply to my 'Hi!' which was sent months ago. My eyes would get filled with tears every  time I passed by your school. Well, I never got a friend like you till date and I never wish to. I hope we don't cross our paths once again.
Thank you for teaching me what friendship is. Even though we're not together anymore but we've created some beautiful moments to cherish forever. I hope you read this somewhere, someday".

Of course there's no turning back so let us move on from that one friend I've had, we've had. Life is long, we'll meet new people and make new friends. So let's make new memories instead of holding back onto that one friend we had.


                                                              -Shriya. 

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful. I felt it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acha likhi hai mast maza aayaga

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what the pain of losing a dear friend feels like, especially if you spent so much time together, built so many memories together. Someone once told me that people come into our lives for a reason, and some of them, only for a season. And while it hurts to let them go, we must accept it as part of life and move on. I do hope your friend gets to read this and if ever your paths do cross, I hope you'll only remember the good moments with fondness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you write....... I was imagining things and getting my eyes teared !
    Brutal brooo......
    Glad to meet my real buddy back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you met your friend back!
      And thanks alot for this comment... I happy that you felt this🤗

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts