Long Time No See~

 I'd uploaded my 'last' blog on 6th February, 2021.


Yo!

I hope ya'll are doing great~


FIRST- A lil life update~

Life's been really good and I finally turned eighteen few months back. I'm an undergraduate student studying BAMMC which is Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia and Mass Communication. I'm so happy doing this course from such a good college. The moment I got know what all I'll be learning in these 3 years, I was like, "LET'S GET IT!"

There are so many clubs in my college, the ones I joined are; the book club, movie club and drama club. 

Well, I didn't have a very busy schedule until yesterday. Apart from my regular online college lectures in the afternoon, I'm doing two courses in the evening too. I'd be lying if I say it's not tiring but I see myself enjoying this new schedule. I've always heard people say that 'media studies' is super difficult and that students stay up all night, working but when I saw people of my age working, doing assignments and being frustrated with their work pressure, I was so jealous of them because I was doing nothing back then but now that I'm busy, I'm really liking it. 

Sounds like a psychopath, I know~

Now coming to friends, I had a few good friends back in junior college but now I'm trying to make new ones and reconnect with the old ones. It's really not easy cuz here I came across people with a set of various talents, creative ideas and a completely different thought process than mine. Speaking about reconnecting with the old ones, yeah I'm trying my best to get back to them and have those 'Good old days' kinda conversations.


Now let's start with the blog~

So by now, ya'll might have understood that my course demands lot of creative and communication skills. I'm up for the creativity part but communication? Nah!

I'm not good at communicating with people because one, I can't and two, when I do, people think I'm rude. The reason I can't communicate well, is because I'm too shy to start a conversation. 

You too? 

I know, I know we're all sailing in the same boat, friend.

The reason why communicating with people is a bit difficult for me is because I didn't have much friends after school, barely three in those 2 years of junior college because I thought one shouldn't have many friends and that humans are not worthy of being friends with but gradually the 'have no friends' syndrome worsened to such an extent that at college, I literally couldn't interact with people so I used to avoid making eye contact with my classmates so that I don't have to start any conversation but NOW I'm trying my best in networking and making new friends. 

I still remember the first day of my degree college, that introduction session seemed like a big task. Some of my classmates were already working and the ones who weren't, were super creative. I didn't have much things to say during my turn though. Later that day, I really thought of having a discussion with my parents, asking them if I could change my course because I believed that I really can't do it and that if I did, I would miserably fail at it. I thought that creativity is not my cup of tea and that I should quit and do some course in which I have to simply mug-up answers.

And that's where I actually failed. I'd already believed that I won't be able to do it, without even giving it a try. Yes, assignments in the beginning were a bit difficult and I wasn't being creative enought but I made myself understand that things were new and it will take some time for me to learn what this course is about. This is no Ted-Talk on having faith in oneself and shit but if you're finding it difficult, don't quit right away. Give yourself a chance~ 

I gave myself a chance to learn something for the first time. Earlier and all these years I was blindly mugging up answers solely because I didn't wanna fail in my exams but now I'm learning new things and I guess it's kinda okay even if I don't score very well in an assignment or two. I'm not saying that I'm doing excellent now, no man. I'm still making mistakes. Even yesterday I submitted a very poorly written assignment and I know I might not score well but at least I'm still in the process of learning things. Failing is just a part of the learning process but do not restart after this failure... just continue. All of us have our own share of shortcomings so let them be.


But scoring less or failing in exams isn't a new thing for me anyway.🙂


Once again, this is no motivational post. I was just sharing a recent experience of mine with ya'll. 

And yes, I have no idea when I'll be writing another blog. I just randomly felt like writing something today cuz it's been a long time since I've written something, really. I hope I start writing again though!


Song suggestion:

Phir Wahi by Arijit Singh from the movie Jagga Jasoos.



              

                                                      -Shriya. 

Comments

  1. Could feel it Shriya...all the lines soo beautifully written.❤️🥰will def wait for yr nxt blog, Can't wait to read new experiences from yr mass media world..☺️☺️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. You should write more. I am an introvert too and sometimes I really wish I had too many friends but in the end of the day I am happy with my 4 or 5 friends. This creative field will help your communication skill. Keep engaging..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts