A Story That I Could Hear

 Well, I'm trynna do smth new so I hope ya'll like it. I won't call it a series, at least not now but I'm trynna write stories from someone else's perspective. I don't wanna mention any name and that's why I wrote XOXO... I've not mentioned any name here so don't create pointless assumptions. 

"Hi my name is xoxo. So basically I'm from a filmy background. When I was about to debut after completing my studies many people started trolling me. After my movie's poster was revealed, social media was full of memes about me and my looks. Well, initially I tried letting it go and concentrate on my debut but that hate started growing into me. I started having negative thoughts like, "what if people don't watch my movie?" "What if it flops?" "Should I quit?" But then I realized that I've been wanting to become an actor since childhood, how can I quit even before my movie is released?

Fortunately, my movie was a hit. My father is a renowned person in the film industry and I've always wanted to earn a name like my father. People have always mocked me for being a part of the film industry because of my dad and would call me a product of nepotism. I don't understand these people. If there's nothing wrong with doctors' and lawyers'  kids joining the same field as their parents' then why are we being trolled and mocked for following our parents' foot steps. Speaking of which, I had been mocked a lot for a comment I made on a show and also for the nepotism thing but if someone offers me an opportunity regarding something I've always wanted to do then why shouldn't I accept it? Why am I supposed to refuse it?

Would you give up an opportunity if that's what you've been wanting to do?

Ya'll think we've had it all easy since childhood like being brought up in a filmy family, going to a well known school, getting opportunities, etc. right?

No. It was never easy. People started looking up to me thinking if I can earn the respect, reputation and money that my parents did or not, if I'll be a hit or a flop? 

If that wasn't enough, media was always there to pay their contribution. Stalking us everywhere we go, to the gym, to the mall, outside my house and sometimes sitting next to me in the plane, disguised. It's creepy as hell. Someone taking a note of everything I do and that too from a very tender age. Ya'll might think it's so cool to wear such branded clothes and pose for a magazine's cover but little do ya'll know how horrible my comment section is. How people judge me from my head to toe, how badly they swear at me and sometimes even message me texting all rubbish slurs just to grab my attention but even after all this, I'm supposed to fake a smile when I'm on the stage in front of them. People don't even watch my movies but I'm still being mocked for my acting. I try. I do try hard on improving my acting with each and every movie I do but people don't even watch them. Whenever my movie's trailer comes out, the only thing people are interested in is to make it the most disliked trailer of all time just because I'm a star kid.

I did not ask to be born as a star kid. Had I known all this things would happen, I'd have wished for an ordinary life instead. It's difficult. Yes, it's very difficult to read those nasty comments about my face and body and still going to shows with this big smile. My comment section is either full of cuss words and threats to quit the industry or about my body.

I'm an actor and I'll strive hard until I meet your expectations someday."



                                             -Shriya.



Comments

Popular Posts