A Story That I Could Hear.

Well, I'm trynna do smth new so I hope ya'll like it. I won't call it a series, at least not now but I'm trynna write stories from someone else's perspective. Apart from this one, I've written another story which will be posted soon and I want everyone to read that story. Now because I don't wanna mention the names, I've written xoxo. Hope you like it!

"Hi my name is xoxo. I'm the only son of my family. I have a younger sister too. Well, I've always been the perfect kid my parents wanted to see. I wasn't ever interested in music but my dad wanted me to learn guitar, keyboard and flute, so I did. He likes going to music programmes so I always accompanied him even though I don't understand a single thing regarding music. I used to go with him only because he liked it and nodded my head every time he asked me, "Did you like the performance, son?"
I'm not someone who's interested in doing the kitchen chores. No no I'm not that toxic macho man... haha... it's just that I'm too lazy to even get out of my bedroom in the morning but just to see my mom happy, I did everything she asked me to, from cooking to doing the dishes. My sister is the most annoying human I've ever seen but I cannot see her upset, that hurts me a lot. Speaking of which, I'm a cold person and I really don't know how to joke around or sympathise with people but I try my best to console her and make her laugh whenever she's feeling low. Now because I'm not very outgoing, I don't have many friends. Two, yes that's the number of friends I had. They often asked me to remove that ugly mask I wear, just to keep others happy. They told me that I'd forgotten to smile and whenever I did, it actually looked super fake but I got used to wearing the mask. I was fed up of wearing that mask too, I hated it so much. Even if I cried, no one could see it because of that mask, it always smiled no matter what happened. I very well knew that the smile, those actions were not mine. That was not me. I don't know why I even pretended to be someone else in the first place. I was two and a half years old when my younger sister was born. Since that day, people have always asked me to behave like an older brother, to take care of the family and to take after father in future. I feel sad for that two and a half year old kid to not have experienced what childhood was. How great it'd have been if even I'd been treated just like my sister, like a child. Well, you can say that I became quite numb to actually feel things. 
But years passed and I'm in college now. I've changed because I had to. I obviously couldn't stay that numb little kid forever. I don't live with my family anymore. Hostel, yeah this place is much better than I'd imagined. People here actually understood what I went through and helped me a lot in opening up and confronting my true self. Not every hostel has these special kinda people so I'm happy to have met such great roommates. I don't go home very often now. Not because I hate my family but because I don't want to pretend being someone else anymore. My parents and relatives often say that I've changed alot but my parents are happy about it and thankfully they shut those relatives up. Well, I've dated some girls too... umm yeah that change is on a whole new level... haha... but I've finally started loving myself. I can't say this is the new version of me but this is how I originally was from the very beginning but being under the mask made me a cold stone. Anyway, everyone has a sorrowful phase in their life at some point and so did I. I've already hurt myself a lot and I'm wholeheartedly sorry to myself for it and I regret it each and every day. I'm living a better and happier life at present and I'll forever cherish each moment spent with my loved ones."



                                               -Shriya.

If ya'll are offended by my words or wanna talk to me, just click that arrow up there in the left, it'll direct you to my homepage and there you'll find three lines up on the left side... now scroll down for a contact form.

Comments

Popular Posts