Let's Make It Clear.

Hey guys! 
I hope ya'll are safe and sound. 

Well, I'm often asked why I don't like socializing. People think I'm lonely and I've no one to talk to, I have no friends and I don't open up. So I'm writing this post on behalf of all those people who can relate to me. 

People think I'm lonely which is not true. Many also think that I hate humans and think I'm rude because I don't interact with humans. Yes, I agree I don't talk as much as ya'll do but that doesn't mean I'm lonely right? There's a difference between being lonely and being alone. It's not like people exclude me from their groups and then I feel lonely. I just like to be by myself and enjoy my own company. 
I don't read quotes and all but there's this quote I don't remember properly but it's something like "I have few people in my life with whom I share my real self".
So just like ya'll, I too follow the same but the only difference is that instead of 'people', I have only one friend with whom I talk on a daily basis. It's been ages since we last met but it's okay, I mean at least we talk every day.
The previous year, I broke up with many close friends of mine but I haven't regretted a bit because I know I'm not someone who's good at things like friendship and I noticed that I  was doing all sorts of things I shouldn't. I realized that I don't wanna be friends with this person because we don't go together well, at least according to me.

Besides, I'm someone who has new friends every year because I can't stick to the same person for years. Maybe because I can't tolerate them. Also I'm someone who can pretty easily befriend someone so I just tried to get rid of being so because I was extremely tired of acting differently with each one of them when I had lots of friends. Well, I read a quote about being honest so I practiced it but it didn't work and people started thinking I'm super rude so yeah chuck it!
And later I realized that one shouldn't read quotes if they don't wanna get fucked up because quotes ARE freaking manipulative.

So if someone prefers to be alone, just let them be. We people are not alone all the time okay. I do have two other mates in college so basically I do have people with me. If I'm not talking to you and your group, that doesn't mean I'm a sad and lonely soul okay.
You're an extrovert and you like meeting new people and hanging out often whereas me, I like being at home all day and watch some dramas, read a book or maybe talk to that one friend of mine. 
You might like going to clubs, cafès and malls with that huge group of your's to celebrate your birthday but in my case, I feel much better when I celebrate my birthday with my family and also when my friend texts me wishing happy birthday. (With a cuss word attached to the wish and no emojis cuz that's how boring we are) 
And yes, it's okay to spend some time alone or talk to yourselves. Doing this doesn't mean that that person is depressed or LONELY. Us saying no to your plans doesn't mean we are bad at communicating. It clearly means that we just don't like your company. 

■ I don't mean that being an extrovert is bad, okay. I just wanted ya'll to know that if you're an outgoing person, doesn't mean I should be the same. There are different ways to live a life so we'd like to live it a bit more simply than ya'll do.

By the way, if you're someone like me who is very much into those old Bollywood songs, meaning, if you're someone who likes Bollywood songs till the year 2014-15, I have few playlists for you hun!
(Well, only till 2014-15 cuz Bollywood songs after 2015 suck!)

1) This one is for romantic ones:

2) This one is for random party hits:

3) This one is for the most cringeworthy ones:

4) This one is for the golden era which means the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s:



                      -Shriya. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts