Masks.


Well, this one is not limited to teens but is specially for teens.
We've always worn masks, either for the society or sometimes even for ourselves. For the society because we're always told to behave in a certain manner. Now be it in front of the actual society or while living under the same roof; with our parents. Also, sometimes with our friends. You might say that this so called person is someone with whom you can be yourself but actually there's no one with whom you can be yourself except you, yourself.
Now wearing a mask for oneself means to hide your feelings towards yourselves. Suppose someone insulted you badly or your parents shouted at you, the first place where you go is the bathroom, right?
Ya'll must have read this quote which says,
"Going in the bathroom to cry and coming out like nothing happened". Well, what do we do inside? In the beginning we cry but later we wash our face and forcibly convince ourselves that nothing happened and then come out like your a cool person but when you look in the mirror you can see those red swollen eyes but still try to smile even when you can't just so others outside won't know that you were crying.
Umm well obviously we can't stop wearing these masks because the day we step out of the bathroom with those red swollen eyes, we'll be judged and us humans are afraid of getting judged and rejected, right?
Right!
But to be honest, the mask version of us isn't even 10% of how we actually are. We're always told to be a certain kind of a person because even our own family doesn't care about how we actually are.
Why?
Because we ourselves don't care about it. There won't be any day when we'll be finally able to be ourselves instead of role playing. Don't ever be in such false belief. We're born without any masks but the day we turn 1, the family and society put the masks on us and turn on the filter because we start speaking by then and we have to be an ideal person eligible to live with these masked people. 


Also one more thing which I'd love to share regarding this mask thing.
Umm do ya'll know Kpop? If not, then this is just normal pop music but it's from South Korea and it's super trending these days. So I'm someone who really loves it but people around me don't and in the initial days when I had just started lik
ing it, I was told to stop. Why? Because it's *DIFFERENT* than what *THEY* listen to. Well, if you can listen to songs in English, Hindi, Spanish or maybe any other language and it's okay then why not me? 
Am I different just because I love Korean and Chinese songs?
Many people have mocked me for listening to BTS and watching their funny videos but the reason why I do so is to get our of your suppresive world. They are my only escape and yes, they make me happy, from the very inside. So why to stop something which gives me happiness. Every time I feel low, that's the only thing I do cause they really make me happy and if something makes me happy, *I won't ever wear a mask.* I won't stop liking them just because you don't like them. I won't say shit like they're my life, etc. But they're really someone who have helped me overcome self-hate and negativity through their songs.
And yes, their songs are no joke mate. They've helped millions of people across the world with the same problem as mine.
So if you like something, don't hesitate to talk about it just because others hate it. Don't wear a mask because liking it will make you different. If you say listening to Korean and Chinese songs and watching their dramas make me different, then I'm super happy to be so.
On a side note,I'm sorry to be writing such a negative blog.

                                                          -Shriya.

Comments

  1. Dammmnnnnn.......
    Because of this blog I realised how I was actually wearing a mask and I was too a victim of this central dogma.... Actually I watch a lot of South Indian movies (content waale ). Man ! Your blog really helped me out with this and now u r my BTS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts